17.8.11

5 LOOKBOOK looks

Here are 5 of my favorite looks of the week from LOOKBOOK


With Fall coming these poncho sweaters are great! They're comfy, warm, & perfect to throw over almost anything. Lately I've really had a soft spot for all the Native American trends going on lately such as the ponchos, feathers in the hair, turquoise jewelry, & so much more!


There's so much to adore in the outfit! The high waisted shorts with the studding on the torn back pocket, the Native America style belt, the large 60's round frame glasses, the saddlebag, & my very favorite the large floppy hat. I have a few of the large floppy hats myself, & I'm absolutely hooked on them!


This is the #1 outfit of the week! The color palate of this outfit is perfect with all the different ties of earth tones together. Also the mix of fabrics & textures is great. I love the lace top, leather bag, & cork heels all together. Another aspect that always ends up swaying my eye is the silhouette of an outfit & this tunic with leggings creates perfect shape for someone who is slender.


Just the other day I found a pattern online for how to make these sweet little shorts. Hopefully within the next week I'll have a DIY on that up! I've been seeing the shorts around quite a bit lately & I can't get over what a soft, sophisticated, yet slightly sexy look they have & just how much you can pair with them. They're such a fun & versatile piece! 


This is another nice transitional piece for the fall. You can take your favorite simple maxi dress from the summer & throw over a light weight sweater that compliments the silhouette of the dress, throw a piece of jewelry or two, do natural make-up with just the pop of color on your lips, leave your hair effortless & tousled, & you'll have a quick couple minute look that's perfect for fall!

xo. Ariel Shay

2 comments:

  1. The first and last are my absolute favorites, that poncho sweater is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the 3 one!!
    Very nice colours!! :)

    ReplyDelete